Infinite Campus provides access to information about grades, attendance, behavior, food service, and much more for both students and parents.
Infinite Campus logins are provided to both students and parents. Students will receive their Infinite Campus login information at the beginning of their Freshman year along with all other account logins. Parents will receive an automated email along with an activation code to setup their Infinite Campus account near the beginning of the school year.
Infinite Campus also has downloadable Student and Parent Apps which can be very helpful for quick access to grades and other information. Just search for Campus Student or Campus Parent in the App Store.
What is Canvas?
Canvas is a learning management system (LMS) that allows teachers to provide instructional support, class calendars, assignments, and resources for students in a safe online environment. For traditional face to face classes, Canvas is an integral part of sharing blended classroom instruction.
West Catholic hopes that this resource will provide you with specific information about your student’s curricula, so you have a better understanding of the work that teachers and students are doing. We hope you use this information to communicate to students that the skills and content identified in these courses are important to master.
What is Parent Observer Role in Canvas?
Observers have limited permissions that allow them to see what is going on in a course and a calendar of assignments. Like students, Observers cannot view a course until it is published and the course has started. For assistance with Assignments, Test Dates, Quizzes, or other Canvas course content, please contact your student’s teacher.
What can Parent Observers view in Canvas?
Below are the features available to Parents. Please note that not all courses use all features.
- Set your Notifications
- View the Dashboard
- View the course Syllabus
- View prompts but no participate in Discussions
- View but not submit assignments
- Preview and download some Files
- View the Modules Page
- View Canvas Grades
- View the Calendar
- Communicate with the teacher
Note: Using the web browser to access your Canvas account will give you a fuller experience with greater access to your child’s resources. The Canvas Parent app is a great resource for understanding homework and due dates, but it will not allow observers to view all documents and links that are available in the web browser.
Getting setup on Canvas is a great way to stay current on curriculum, course work, and due dates. Student information can be viewed from a web browser or from an iOS or Android app. To view your student(s) course information in Canvas you will follow three steps:
1) Get a Pairing Code from your student(s)
2) Create a Canvas Parent Account
3) Login as a Parent
Each of these three steps are explained in detail below for web browser, iOS, and Android access.
Step 1: Get Pairing Code
When creating an account in the Parent app, you will need to enter a pairing code, which is generated from your
student’s account. View the lesson below to learn how your student can generate this code:
● How do I generate a pairing code for an observer as a student? (link is external)
● Additional information about pairing codes (link is external)
Step 2: Canvas Parent Account Creation
Parents can be paired with their student(s) Canvas accounts with observer credentials by following the instructions below.
Note: When searching for our Canvas school you will type: Diocese of Grand Rapids-Parent
● How do I create an account from a web browser? (link is external)
● How do I create an account in the Canvas Parent app on my Android device? (link is external)
● How do I create an account in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device? (link is external)
Step 3: Parent Login
Parents can login to Canvas from any web browser or an iOS or Android app. For more information on logging in to the web browser or Parent app, view the following instructions:
● How do I log in from a web browser? (link is external)
● How do I log in to the Canvas Parent app on my Android device? (link is external)
● How do I log in to the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device? (link is external)
● How do I pair 2 children’s Canvas accounts to the same parent account? (link is external)
Things to keep in mind:
● Using the web browser to access your Canvas account will give you a fuller experience with greater access to your child’s resources. The Canvas Parent app is a great resource for understanding homework and due dates, but it will not allow observers to view all documents and links that are available in the web browser.
● For more information about the Parent / Observer role in Canvas, Click Here (link is external).
All West Catholic students are setup with a school-managed Google Account. This account gives users a free platform for document creation, document storage, collaboration, and email.
All Google accounts follow a set format: [firstname.lastname@example.org] (ex. email@example.com)
Online platform that allows schools to set goals and priorities for individual students, track their progress, and measure student outcomes to improve college and career readiness. Naviance also manages electronic transcripts and recommendations.
Naviance accounts are managed by the Guidance department. Contact the Registrar, Lauri Ford, if you have login questions:
RevTrak is West Catholic’s online portal for food service payments. Online deposits are made into this food service account and purchases can be viewed in the Infinite Campus parent portal they currently use. RevTrak is a national credit card payment processor, to provide a secure site for making payments.
For additional information about dining services or getting setup on RevTrak, visit the Dining Services section of the website or contact Mary Jo Jones, our Dining Services Director.
Mary Jo Jones
The West Catholic Falcons App is designed to engage students, parents, and West Catholic fans of all ages. It highlights student activities and achievements, while promoting fun across a wide spectrum of student interests. Internally the app will also be used by the student Household Community to track points for the Falcon Cup and determine leaders within the championship system.
To get started just download the app and follow the instructions below for creating an account:
Download the WC Falcons app from within the Student Resources and then follow the steps below to start using the app.
All other information is optional.
Coste de Falk
ContentKeeper is the Internet filter used by West Catholic to help block inappropriate website content on all devices. ContentKeeper is active on all student devices both at school and at home. Student devices are automatically authenticated to and protected by the Internet filter regardless of location.
In addition to teaching digital citizenship throughout our curriculum, West Catholic enforces a strict code of conduct in dealing with all usage of technology, electronic transmissions, and all digital content. To review West Catholic’s technology policies and procedures, open the Policies / Documentation section below.
Need a few reminders on how to accomplish your daily work? ...or need help troubleshooting a problem? We have iPad tutorials, and guides on topics like:
- Getting connected at home
- Installing apps
- Submitting homework
- Using Infinite Campus
- Using Google
- Using Canvas
- Setting up Email on your iPad
- Troubleshooting iPad issues
West Catholic insures all student devices.
Each insured device is covered for unlimited repairs for the duration of the iPad coverage. (subject to terms and agreement of policy) The following damage types are covered by the policy:
- Accidental Damage
- Mechanical Failures
- Liquid Damage
All repairs are handled through West Catholic's Technology Support Desk. DO NOT attempt self-repair of your device or unauthorized 3rd party repairs. All damaged devices should be brought directly to the support desk. A lender device will be issued if the original device is sent out for repair.
In the interest of increased security for student work, we’ve adopted a password tool that allows students to create a private network password that is 100% confidential.
What you need to know:
- This password, like the one you have now, is a ‘single sign on’ password that will provide access to most major systems: Network, Google Apps (mail, drive etc.) and Canvas.
- Student Infinite Campus password will NOT change, unless a student chooses to change it so they align. (see instructions below)
- At this time, Naviance accounts are managed independently by the Guidance Department. See Lauri Ford if you have Naviance login questions.
- You will have to enter the new password on any device you use to access those accounts such as personal phone, home computer etc.
- No one will have access to your password; not even diocesan tech staff.
- You will be prompted to change your password near the beginning of each semester.
What if I forget my new password?
- During school hours, go to technology support desk for assistance.
- If you forget your password outside of school hours, there is no assistance available. As a safeguard, email your password to your personal email account or to your parents so you can easily recall it if needed.
How to change your password (This step must be completed at school):
Step 1: Go to https://passwordswc.grdiocese.org/
Step 2: Click the My Account button and enter your email address and current password
Step 3: Select ‘change password’ from the top menu and follow the steps to set a new password.
Password rules are listed on the right hand side of the page
- Minimum 8 characters
- Must include a digit, lowercase letter, and a uppercase letter
- May NOT include a username or any of your 3 previous passwords
How to change Infinite Campus password:
Step 1: Log into the Infinite Campus portal on a computer or in Safari on your iPad (option to change password is not available on the Campus Portal app.)
Step 2: On the left side select Account Management
Step 3: Follow the steps to create a new password:
- Enter a new password
- Re-enter the new password
- Enter your current password
- Save Changes
- You will see a Save Successful message
Below is an explanation of the plans and timelines for school-issued iPads as we draw closer to summer. Please review the procedures for graduating Seniors as well as for Underclassmen. (Note: A process similar to the Senior iPad Collection will take place for underclassmen who have not committed to returning next fall.)
iPad Collection Procedure for Seniors
Senior iPads will be collected following AP exams. At this time all unpaid repair costs or fees for missing equipment will be collected. The school will hold diplomas for any students with outstanding fees or missing equipment. They will be allowed to participate in all graduation activities, but won’t receive their actual diploma until they’ve met all obligations.
We’ve created the following simple process to ensure that all devices and equipment are accounted for prior to graduation.
|Deadline for device turn-in: May 17|
What happens to my iPad, Apps, and data when I turn in my iPad?
Congratulations, you’re almost there! Graduation is on the horizon. Soon you’ll be turning in your books and your iPads then moving onto college or other ventures. But wait… What happens to your digital “stuff” when you leave? Will you continue to have access to your school Google account for Drive and email? Will you be able to use the apps that were provided for your use while in high school such as iAnnotate? The answer to those questions is: No, those resources will be made available for the new students coming to us in the fall.
When you turn in your iPad, it will be cleared and reset. You will have access for 30 days to purchase apps such as iAnnotate, Explain Everything and the Pro version of Dictionary. After that, you’ll be prompted to purchase those apps if you wish to continue to use them. Mid-June, we will be removing your Google Apps account including Drive and email. You can however, keep any of the digital content that you created, contacts, email, etc. To do so, you need to backup and transfer that content to other accounts. Below is the backup process. Click on the links to access how-to docs/videos for the various systems.
Backing up your data
Seniors, please review these linked instructions regarding How to Backup Your Data and How to Prep Your iPad for Turn-in.
iPad Expectations for Underclassmen
Students who’ve officially committed with a signed tuition contract and $100 enrollment fee to West Catholic for the 2021-22 school year will keep their school-issued iPad throughout the summer. Devices will continue to be monitored exactly as they are during the school year. Technical support questions and repairs will be available throughout the summer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exception: School-owned devices are not allowed to leave the country. Therefore, international students that will be returning to West Catholic the following year must turn in their iPads prior to returning home for summer.
West Catholic embraces the use of technology as an educational tool. However, as with many tools, training, troubleshooting, and support are often part of the package. Our school has two full-time employees as well as a Diocesan support team to help with these matters.
Jeff Bailey is our Instructional Technology Specialist. Jeff's role is to support staff and students in the appropriate and effective usage of technology. He is also available to help support parents if they have questions or concerns centered around technology.
Tom Kutzli is our Technology Director. Tom's role is to support the overall implementation and vision for technology at West Catholic. He is also the front line of support for hardware problems, software setup, and student devices in need of repair.
Don't hesitate to reach out directly to our technology department with any questions. You can also email our technology support line at: email@example.com The Technology Support line is designed for questions outside of normal school hours. Our team will do its best to give timely responses to all questions.
Instructional Technology Specialist
West Catholic partners with the Flynn O'Hara Uniforms to provide uniforms to our students. To purchase uniforms, find sizing information, or explore additional information, visit the Flynn O'Hara website.
Questions or Issues with your purchase? Take a look at our FAQ page for quick answers to common concerns.
Still can’t find what you need? Our customer service department is open Monday-Saturday year-round at (800) 441-4122, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All West Catholic students are issued a student planner. Planners contain school information, daily schedules, maps, policies, and more. Students also use planners as a hallway passbook.
West Catholic High School does not endorse any employer. We are posting these job opportunities at the request of community members for our students' convenience:
- Meijer – The Standale Meijer is hiring for a number of positions - deli, meat, overnight, stocker, express station, cashier and curbside. No experience is necessary (paid training). Benefits include flexible scheduling, discounts, career advancement opportunities and more! A job fair and open interviews will be held on Wednesday, June 1, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. and Thursday, June 2, 4-8 p.m. Apply prior to your arrival at the event at jobs.meijer.com. (Posted 5/16/22)
- Scully Statewide Moving – The Scully Family at Scully Statewide Moving is looking for strong, energetic students to work this summer. Starting pay is $17 per hour. Hours as needed. Call 616-735-2000 and ask for Pat Scully today! (Posted 5/13/22)
- Powell Relocation Group – Warehouse positions are available at Powell Relocation Group. Positions are full-time, although semi-flexible, with a normal Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. schedule and some overtime opportunities available (nights and/or weekends). Must be able to life 50 lbs regularly and 100+ lbs as a team. Experience preferred, but not required. CDL-A, CDL-B or chauffeur's license a plus. Forklift certification a plus. Starting wage is between $16-$18 depending on experience and qualifications. Contact Sean Wing at email@example.com (link is external) or 616-633-0854 for more information. (Posted 5/12/22)
- John Ball Zoo – John Ball Zoo has reopened its Seasonal Guest Experiences Team Member position again for students to apply. This position starts ASAP and continues until the end of the zoo's season in November. Perks include free zoo membership, discounts, free lunches, scholarship opportunities, behind-the-scenes tours, flexible scheduling and more! Click HERE for details and to apply. (Posted 5/10/22)
- Burgess Concrete Construction – Burgess Concrete Construction is seeking to employ summer and full-time help. Careers in excavation, foundation stabilization, polishing, concrete foundation, concrete flatwork, concrete site work and more are available. Applications will be accepted in person (1262 Cutting Industrial Dr., Moline, MI 49335) or online at burgessconcrete.com/jobs (link is external). (Posted 5/4/22)
- Jedco, Inc. – Jedco Aerospace in Grand Rapids is hiring for a number of positions for students who will be entering the workforce after graduation. Positions are available in areas such as CNC machining, technical assembly and welding. Jedco offers hands-on training and tuition reimbursement for those interested in continuing their education or completing a certificate program. For more information, please contact Sandy Rysdyk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-323-2876. (Posted 5/3/22)
- Martha's Catering – Martha's Catering, a full-service catering company based in Grand Rapids, is looking for additional staff members to join their team, including servers and bartenders. These are part-time positions with weekday/evening and weekend shifts available with flexible scheduling. Shifts range from 5-9 hours and starting pay is $16/hr. You must be 18+ years old, reliable and able to stand for long periods of time. If interested, please contact Tom Rooney at 616-459-0116 or email@example.com. (Posted 5/2/22)
- AB Irrigation – AB Irrigation has positions available on its installation team. Employees will work outdoors to install underground sprinkling systems and heads and pipe fittings in addition to working with equipment to pull pipe and wire and dig holes/trenches for the installation of materials. No prior experience is required. The position offers flexible hours for part-time and full-time workers. If interested, please call Andy Bearinger at 616-581-5764. (Posted 4/20/22)