The Web Help Desk is an online tool for staff members to submit tickets to receive hardware, software, training, and maintenance support. Tickets are routed to the responsible party via email and responded to as quickly as possible.
Infinite Campus provides access to information about grades, attendance, behavior, food service, and much more for both students and parents.
Infinite Campus logins are provided to students at the beginning of the school year following enrollment. Parents also receive an activation code to setup their account.
What is Canvas?
Canvas is a learning management system (LMS) that allows teachers to provide instructional support, class calendars, assignments, and resources for students in a safe online environment. For traditional face to face classes, Canvas is an integral part of sharing blended classroom instruction.
West Catholic hopes that this resource will provide you with specific information about your student’scurricula, so you have a better understanding of the work that teachers and students are doing. We hope you use this information to communicate to students that the skills and content identified in these courses are important to master.
What is Parent Observer Role in Canvas?
Observers have limited permissions that allow them to see what is going on in a course and a calendar of assignments. Like students, Observers cannot view a course until it is published and the course has started. For assistance with Assignments, Test Dates, Quizzes, or other Canvas course content, please contact your student’s teacher.
What can Parent Observers view in Canvas?
Below are the features available to Parents. Please note that not all courses use all features.
- Set your Notifications
- View the Dashboard
- View the course Syllabus
- View prompts but no participate in Discussions
- View but not submit assignments
- Preview and download some Files
- View the Modules Page
- View Canvas Grades
- View the Calendar
- Communicate with the teacher
Note: Using the web browser to access your Canvas account will give you a fuller experience with greater access to your child’s resources. The Canvas Parent app is a great resource for understanding homework and due dates, but it will not allow observers to view all documents and links that are available in the web browser.
Getting setup on Canvas is a great way to stay current on curriculum, course work, and due dates. Student information can be viewed from a web browser or from an iOS or Android app. To view your student(s) course information in Canvas you will follow three steps:
1) Get a Pairing Code from your student(s)
2) Create a Canvas Parent Account
3) Login as a Parent
Each of these three steps are explained in detail below for web browser, iOS, and Android access.
Step 1: Get Pairing Code
When creating an account in the Parent app, you will need to enter a pairing code, which is generated from your
student’s account. View the lesson below to learn how your student can generate this code:
● How do I generate a pairing code for an observer as a student? (link is external)
● Additional information about pairing codes (link is external)
Step 2: Canvas Parent Account Creation
Parents can be paired with their student(s) Canvas accounts with observer credentials by following the instructions below.
Note: When searching for our Canvas school you will type: Diocese of Grand Rapids-Parent
● How do I create an account from a web browser? (link is external)
● How do I create an account in the Canvas Parent app on my Android device? (link is external)
● How do I create an account in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device? (link is external)
Step 3: Parent Login
Parents can login to Canvas from any web browser or an iOS or Android app. For more information on logging in to the web browser or Parent app, view the following instructions:
● How do I log in from a web browser? (link is external)
● How do I log in to the Canvas Parent app on my Android device? (link is external)
● How do I log in to the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device? (link is external)
● How do I pair 2 children’s Canvas accounts to the same parent account? (link is external)
Things to keep in mind:
● Using the web browser to access your Canvas account will give you a fuller experience with greater access to your child’s resources. The Canvas Parent app is a great resource for understanding homework and due dates, but it will not allow observers to view all documents and links that are available in the web browser.
● For more information about the Parent / Observer role in Canvas, Click Here (link is external).
All West Catholic students are setup with a school-managed Google Account. This account gives users a free platform for document creation, document storage, collaboration, and email.
All Google accounts follow a set format: [firstname.lastname@example.org] (ex. email@example.com)
Online platform that allows schools to set goals and priorities for individual students, track their progress, and measure student outcomes to improve college and career readiness. Naviance also manages electronic transcripts and recommendations.
Naviance accounts are managed by the Guidance department. Contact the Registrar, Lauri Ford, if you have login questions:
RevTrak is West Catholic’s online portal for food service payments. Online deposits can be made into food service accounts through the Infinite Campus parent portal they currently use. We have contracted with RevTrak, a national credit card payment processor, to provide a secure site for making payments.
For additional information about dining services or getting setup on RevTrak, visit the Dining Services section of the website or contact Mary Jo Jones, our Dining Services Director.
Mary Jo Jones