West Catholic Parent Guild
The West Catholic Parent Guild is a volunteer organization which provides hospitality, support and service opportunities for parents. The Guild is committed to supporting West Catholic’s mission to form disciples of Christ through a dynamic, excellence-driven Catholic education.
Our St. John Paul II Adoration Chapel is open every school day for adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Parents, grandparents and other members of the West Catholic community (both Catholic and non-Catholic) are invited to celebrate our faith and intercede for our students and staff in adoration while school is in session and during limited summer hours.
Click here to learn more about adoration at West Catholic. To sign up for a regular adoration spotor for other questions, please contact Patti Kohane, the Parent Guild’s Adoration Ministry Chair, at [email protected].
We are never too old to learn or to grow our faith. Campus Ministry, with the support of Parent Guild, regularly brings in local and national presenters to speak on a variety of educational and faith-based topics.
Jackie Francois Angel
Jackie Francois Angel is a full-time traveling speaker, singer/songwriter, and worship leader from Orange County, CA. In 2006, she became an artist with Oregon Catholic Press, with whom she has released two albums. Jackie and her husband Bobby have spoken and written on Catholic marriage, discernment, and Theology of the Body. They are regular video contributors on Ascension Presents and currently live in Dallas, Texas with their four children.
Past speakers and talks:
- Jason Evert – Guard & Guide
- Chris Padgett – Family Circus
- Dan DeMatte – Holiness Revolution
- Dr. Ray Guarendi – The Logic of Being Catholic
Parent Guild offers a number of hospitality and fellowship opportunities to West Catholic families. To get involved and/or receive email communications, fill out our registration form or feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] with any inquiries or ideas.
- Welcome Wagon – Usually held between drop off and the first school Mass of the year (8-10:20 a.m.), parents/guardians are invited to enjoy refreshments and to meet other WC families. Join our email list for other similar events throughout the school year.
- Book/Scripture Studies – We are currently looking to expand offerings in our Book/Scripture Studies! Those interested in either leading or participating in scripture or book studies with other members of our community should fill out our registration form or contact us via email.
- Roundtable Discussions – Programming varies from year to year. Past roundtable discussion ideas have included navigating Catholic student life in college, Christian service opportunities, current cultural events/trends through a Catholic lens, etc. Feel free to send us ideas of topics you would like to discuss or to suggest panel members to join the discussion. Register or email us for more.
- Meal Train – To let us know about members of the West Catholic community who could benefit from a meal train, or to volunteer for or to coordinate a meal train, please reach out.
Parent Guild activities and volunteer opportunities are developing as some of the following:
- Community Prayer – Please contact the Parent Guild ([email protected]) with any prayer requests that we can send out to our registered members.
- Religious Wall of Fame – Individuals who update and maintain our wall dedicated to West Catholic alumni who have chosen religious life. Contact Julie Herdegen ([email protected] | 616-233-5920) to get involved.
- Christian Service Opportunities – Reach out to Director of Campus Ministry Josh Kohane ([email protected] | 616-233-5958) with any service opportunities or questions.
- Parent Ambassadors – Current and past West Catholic parents/guardians who are passionate about our school community can provide support, advice and assistance to new and prospective West Catholic families. Contact Admissions Director Julie Herdegen ([email protected] | 616-233-5920) for more information.