The football team is heading to the state finals! Your West Catholic Falcons will take on Negaunee at Ford Field on Friday, November 25, 2022, at 4:30 p.m. Congratulations to the team! Additional information may be added to this page; however, here are some current details:
- Tickets can be purchased at the stadium by credit card only (no cash accepted for tickets or concessions). Tickets are $20 each but allow you to watch all four of Friday’s games.
- You may also purchase tickets ahead of time through Ticketmaster, which is the preferred method.
- Thanks to the generous donor who created the Championship Fund, current West Catholic students can attend the game for FREE. Students should have received an email about how to get their tickets.
Transportation / Parking
- Ford Field is located at 2000 Brush St, just south of I-75 (Fisher Freeway) and directly across Brush St. from Comerica Park. Please be sure to check out some alternative routes to get to Ford Field, along with traffic updates.
- Parking is $6 in Ford Field lots. Click here for more parking information. Prepurchase parking here.
- The athletic department will NOT be setting up spectator buses for Ford Field. In the past, families have put charter buses together and filled them, but this did not come from the athletic department. We are unable to use Diocesan busing because of the length of the trip and the lack of bathrooms on the buses.
Coach of the Year
- Congratulations to Landon Grove on his nomination for the 2022 Detroit Lions High School Football Coach of the Year Award!
- The winner of the annual Coach of the Year Award will be determined by vote from a panelist of five media members as well as a vote from the general public. The coach with the most online votes from the general public will receive one vote to go along with the five media panelist votes to determine a winner.
- We encourage all faculty, students and community members to participate in the voting process by visiting detroitlions.com/coachoftheyear to vote for Landon Grove! You can vote once every hour until Saturday, Nov. 26 at 11:59 p.m.
- The football team will be attending Mass on Friday at 10 a.m. at the Basilica of St. Adalbert prior to leaving for Ford Field. Please feel free to join us!
- When the team gets back to West Catholic, we invite the community to join us in the cafeteria to celebrate the team’s accomplishments with our players and coaches. This will be a great time to get pictures with friends and family.
- CONCESSIONS: No cash will be accepted. Credit cards only.
- PROHIBITED ITEMS: Click here to view the prohibited items for this event. Every person entering the game will be searched. Purses and coats will also be checked.