We greatly appreciate the sacrifices our families make to support faith-based education, and love every opportunity to highlight the great things West Catholic graduates are doing in our community and abroad.
Through West Catholic Alumni News and Westword Newsletters published periodically throughout the year, our website, and various social media outlets, we help to connect the friends, alumni and family of West Catholic High School living in our community.
CLASS OF 1978
Saturday, September 16, 2023 | 6 p.m.
5th Street Hall (701 5th St NW)
The cost is $20 per person cash at the door. Dinner is included and a cash bar will be available. Join the West Catholic Class of 1978 Facebook page for additional details.
CLASS OF 1968
Saturday, September 23, 2023
Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge 97 (1753 Alpine Ave NW)
For more information, contact Anne Mikulich at [email protected].
CLASS OF 1991
Friday, October 13, 2023
Activities include lunch at Salvatore’s, a welcome tent in the VIP lot before the Homecoming football game, complimentary tickets to the game, and a post-game meetup. Please RSVP by contacting Meg (Garzelloni) Vande Guchte at [email protected].
CLASS OF 1983
Friday, October 20, 2023 – more details to come
Class of 2003
Saturday, November 4, 2023 | 6:30 p.m.
The Rezervoir Lounge (1418 Plainfield Ave NE)
Price: $25/person. For pre-planning purposes, please purchase tickets as soon as possible at bit.ly/3E7bOKo. If you have any questions, contact Andrea (Gillis) Izzo at [email protected].
Need help planning a class reunion? You’ll find a list of suggestions below to help you get started. Alumni Relations at West Catholic can also offer assistance in many ways.
1. Choose someone to plan the reunion (it does not have to be an officer) and form your committee for planning the event(s). Some classes have picnics, golf outings, casual mixers or formal dinners. Choose a style that you think will work best for your class.
2. Contact Alumni Relations for a spreadsheet of your class list and mailing labels. (Note: The addresses provided are constantly changing).
3. Choose a date and location for the reunion.
4. Build a Facebook fan page or group. Keep your classmates informed of reunion plans by posting updates on your Facebook page. Engage them by asking questions such as “Who was your favorite teacher?” or “What is your best WC memory?” Also, follow the official WC page with your class page to create more traffic!
5. Let us help you get the word out! We will post all of the important information on our website and publish it in an issue of the Westword, our alumni magazine.
6. Make an email distribution list using the addresses from the spreadsheet, adding any from your own address book or those accumulated from classmates. You may want to start a class email address so that there is one consistent contact address for coordinating your planning.
7. You may want to send a Save the Date mailing to test addresses as well as find out new contact information.
8. Finalize the details. Decide on a price that will include the food, postage, decorations, entertainment and a cushion amount for startup of your next reunion. Send out an invitation with the price and response information.
9. A representative from WC will come to your reunion to give your class a brief update on the “State the School.”
After the reunion, please send your updated classmate contact information to Megan Eversman at m[email protected] so that the master alumni database can be updated. Please send email addresses and postal addresses if possible.
Many classes have money saved in a Catholic Secondary Schools Student Services account. Alumni Relations can tell you if your class has any money in an account. If your class does not have money available, we can loan you $100 to get started and would need to be paid back at the time of your reunion.
If you need addresses, email addresses or help with a Facebook page, give us a call – we can help! Contact Megan Eversman at [email protected] or (616) 233-5969
What’s in the Archives?
The Archives houses many items related to the history of West Catholic High School.
- school newspapers
- Class Nite programs
- commencement programs
- clothing such as varsity sweaters, school uniforms, Class Nite costumes
- ephemera such as spirit buttons, footballs,varsity letters, pennants, and class rings
How We Can Help You
If you have an upcoming class reunion, contact us to discover what memorabilia from your high school years is available to display at your event. If you or a family member attended WC, we may have photos and other print information from your years at WC. We have an overstock of yearbooks from some years and are glad to gift them to you at a slight fee. Contact us to see if we have the year you’re interested in.
How You Can Help Us
The Archives is always looking to grow our collection by accepting donations from alumni like you. Anything and everything you have saved from your high school years is valuable to the Archives, including dance programs, souvenirs, uniforms, trophies, tee shirts, scrapbooks, report cards, yearbooks and photographs. With your help, we will continue to preserve the history of our school.