Parental Controls & Safe Browsing
Find resources for parental controls and safe browsing below!
- Protecting Young Eyes has a variety of recommended parental controls that have been tested by their team of experts: protectyoungeyes.com/parental-controls-we-recommend
- At the very least, we recommend using the free version of Clean Browsing: protectyoungeyes.com/apps/cleanbrowsing-dns
- Another option similar to Clean Browsing is OpenDNS: opendns.com/home-internet-security; OpenDNS is one of the world’s most popular clean DNS, namely their “Family Shield” set of blocked categories.
- What does DNS mean? How do I set up parental controls already built into the technology that I have?
- Other Resources
- Parental Settings for Chrome on Androids and Chromebooks: bark.us/guides/browsers/chrome
- Apple Families: apple.com/families
- For more parent resources see Common Sense Media: commonsensemedia.org/blog/parents-ultimate-guide-to-parental-controls