Please be aware that West Catholic's main office will be closed from July 3-10. Summer office hours (Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-3 p.m. & Friday 8 a.m.-noon) will resume on July 13.
Summer strength and conditioning workouts will continue to take place on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week; however, workout times have changed.
- Female Athletes: 8-9 a.m. reporting to the main ticket booth
- Male Athletes: 9:15-10:15 a.m. reporting to the main ticket booth
Please keep in mind the following items:
- All workouts are optional.
- All workouts will take place outdoors.
- Anyone who either has a fever or is showing other symptoms of being ill are expected to stay home.
- All participants will be screened and attendance logged at the beginning of each workout.
- All participants and coaches will be expected to maintain 6 feet social distance at all times.
- All participants must bring their own water bottles. Drinking fountains will not be available.
- The handicap bathroom will be available. This is only to be used in case of an emergency. All athletes are expected to sanitize their hands before they enter and upon leaving.
- Locker rooms will be off-limits. Participants must arrive dressed and ready for the workout and immediately leave the WC facilities upon completion of the workout.
- We will be cleaning any equipment used in between sessions.
- With workouts being held outside, the strenuous nature of the exercises involved and the mandated 6 feet social distancing, we are not requiring masks.
- MHSAA June 1 guidelines can be viewed HERE.
- All participants should wear tennis shoes.
- With outdoor workouts, there is the potential for inclement weather. We will communicate with you via TeamSnap. Please be on the lookout to sign up for communication.
This year's Falcon Awards Night will be held on October 28, 2020, at the Kindel Room in the Goei Center. That evening we will be honoring the following members of our Falcon community:
- Business Excellence Award - Joe Maggini
- Alumni Excellence Award - Tom Wesholski
- St. John Paul II Award - Fr. Tom Simons
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Sandy Golembiewski
Additional information regarding Falcon Awards Night registration, sponsorships and more will be announced in the weeks to come.
The Academy for Sports & Wellness is offering group training for Middle School athletes this summer at West Catholic. The four-week program will recondition your athlete after the loss of spring sports and help reduce the risk of injury going into fall sports. Register today at grwestcatholicprograms.org/athletics.
Thanks to all of our Celebrate West! Auction sponsors, donors and participants! Without your support, we wouldn't have been able to reach and EXCEED our goal of $200,000 for tuition assistance! We feel incredibly blessed to be surrounded by such an amazing community. Thank you!
If you are planning on being in the West Catholic school building this summer, you will be required to follow the procedures listed below:
1) Stay home if you have a fever (over 100.3 degrees), cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
2) When coming to West Catholic, go to this link. Fill out your name and answer the questions in the Google form. There will be QR codes in the main office that you can scan with your phone or an iPad that will bring you directly to the form. If you answer "Yes" to any of the questions, please return home.
3) If you answer "No" to all the questions, you will be allowed to enter the Main Office. Do not use any other entrance. Go directly to the front desk where a temperature check will be administered. If your temperature is below 100.4 degrees, you will be allowed to enter the building.
4) A confidential record of screenings will be maintained to the extent possible by the law.
Please note that these procedures may be adjusted to keep our WC community members safe and are subject to change at any time. We are also in the process of developing a procedure for the fall and will communicate this plan as the 2020-2021 school year approaches.
We are currently looking to fill two positions for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Theology Teacher
- International Program Coordinator/ESL Instructor
Please visit grwestcatholic.org/explore-wc/community to learn more about these openings and for information on how to apply. We also invite you to share this link with anyone you think would be a good fit for these positions.
The 2020 West Catholic yearbook has been inducted into the Walsworth Publishing Gallery of Excellence. Only a small percentage of yearbooks are inducted into this gallery each year. Books are chosen based on quality demonstration of theme, coverage, design, photography and copy.
"I am so proud of the yearbook staff. Despite having to complete the yearbook while quarantined at home, the staff worked hard and created a phenomenal book," Ms. Critchett, yearbook adviser, said.
Below is the latest information from FlynnO'Hara Uniform Company.
FlynnO'Hara Uniforms, West Catholic's uniform company, wants you to stay connected! Click HERE to opt-in to FlynnO'Hara's emails for discounts, promotions and important back-to-school updates in light of COVID-19. Visit their website or check out their flyer for more information.
WE ARE NOW SHIPPING (FOR FREE!)
First and foremost, we are excited to announce that we have begun shipping online and phone orders from our Philadelphia distribution center! Please note that delivery times will be delayed as we work back up to full operational capacity. FlynnO’Hara will continue to offer free shipping (promo code: FREESHIP) on all online and phone orders as long as our stores remain closed. Once our stores reopen their doors, we will continue to offer free shipping over a minimum order value threshold.
In order to relieve some of the financial burden of back-to-school shopping, FlynnO’Hara will be offering discounts ranging from 5%-20% off during the months of May, June and July. These discounts will be offered online only and will be tiered in order to incentivize customers to shop early and to shop online. Please opt-in to FlynnO’Hara emails and follow us on social media. We will begin releasing discount information within the coming weeks. The earlier families shop, the more they’ll save!
FOR THE CUSTOMER CONCERNED ABOUT SIZING: AT-HOME MEASURING RESOURCES
One of the biggest challenges our customers face in shopping online is how to choose the right sizes for their child. So, we’ve developed the following measuring resources to help parents make accurate, informed decisions from home:
- At-Home Measuring Tutorial: We have a short video showing parents how to measure their child for his/her clothing dimensions using either a soft measuring tape or a piece of string. The video then offers guidance on where to find – and how to use – FlynnO'Hara’s size charts to choose the right garment sizes for each of our uniform products! These videos are live on our website - see them HERE!
- At-Home Measuring Kit: Parents who don’t already have a measuring tape at home can easily order an at-home measuring kit from our website. The kit is free and will arrive at their doorstep in just a few days! The order form for this kit is available on our site.
- Size Charts: Finally, each uniform item at flynnohara.com now has a product-specific size chart linked beneath the website product listing for parent reference.
- Please note: These resources will live on our website but we will be sharing them with families via email and our social media accounts as they become available. Once again, it’s important that families opt-in to our emails and follow us on social to stay in the loop!
FOR THE CUSTOMER WHO PREFERS A PERSONAL TOUCH: OUR PHONE LINES ARE OPEN!
For customers who prefer a personal touch or are uncomfortable navigating our ecommerce platform, our customer service team is available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. to take orders over the phone. These hours will be expanding to evenings and weekends as we move back into the summer season. Up-to-date customer service hours can be found HERE. Please note, discounts will be applied to phone orders!
RETURN & EXCHANGE, SCHOOL -YEAR WARRANTY
Our sincere hope is that our generous product warranty and return policy will provide some peace of mind to families shopping earlier this year. As always, FlynnO’Hara will accept returns/exchanges on any unworn products (with tags) up to one year from their date of purchase. Additionally, our school year guarantee remains in effect: If families aren’t satisfied with the way their uniforms are holding up, we’ll replace them up to one year from the date of purchase – no questions asked!