Career Chats are designed to provide 7-12th-grade students a virtual opportunity to meet real professionals employed in real jobs. This series of 30-minute sessions will highlight professions from a variety of career pathways, giving students the opportunity to learn more about a career of interest, or to explore new options. Click here for the full lineup and to register.
Upcoming Virtual Sessions:
- Thursday, Dec. 2, 3:30-4 p.m. - Melissa Morris, Application System Analyst at Spectrum Health
- Tuesday, Dec. 7, 3:30-4 p.m. - David Crawford, Mobile App Developer at Bravo LT
- Thursday, Dec. 9, 3:30-4 p.m. - Jesus Garcia, Senior Systems Analyst at Klein ISD
- Tuesday, Dec. 14, 3:30-4 p.m. - Esquire Triggs, Security Engineer/Project Manager at L3Harris Technologies
Groundhog Shadow Day
Groundhog Shadow Day 2022 will take place on Friday, February 4, 2022. Student registration opens on January 12, 2022. This virtual event will have three one-hour sessions at 7:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Talk & Tour Career Series
Talk & Tours provide a virtual panel of professionals in select industries that share their own career path, the inside scoop on what their jobs are really like, along with their perspective on what you can do to prepare for a career that interests you.
Upcoming Virtual Session:
- Tuesday, Dec. 14, 6-7 p.m. - Health Science Careers: Mary Free Bed (register here) featured careers - physical therapist, nurse, speech pathologist, resident