***If you were directed to this link while searching for the online Butter Braid order form, please click here.***
From Sean Nolan, Dean of Students
The week of October 24-28 is St. John Paul II Feast Week at West Catholic! Pope St. John Paul II’s Feast Day was October 22, so we chose to celebrate this saint for one full week in honor of his legacy and patronage of our school. A number of activities and competitions will take place this week through the Households System:
- MONDAY: Students will learn about Pope St. John Paul II’s life, accomplishments, hardships and legacy in Households.
- TUESDAY: We will have Mass celebrating Pope St. John Paul II. Students are permitted to dress up on this day. They must either be in Oxford dress code or wear clothing that is more dressed up than an Oxford (ex. boys must wear a button-down shirt and tie with dress pants; girls may wear a dress or other appropriate dress-up attire)
- WEDNESDAY: We will serve Polish food at lunch in honor of JPII’s heritage
- THURSDAY: Students will participate in an art and beauty activity inspired by the witness and example of St. John Paul II. JPII had a particular love for the arts and recognized how beauty was a way to experience the presence of God in our lives.
- FRIDAY: PM Activity Schedule – In honor of JPII’s love of sports and his teaching that sports are a school of virtue, we will have a Household dodgeball tournament at the end of the day. This will be a Household competition for which points are assigned for the overall Falcon Cup competition. Boys and girls will be playing in separate brackets sorted by Communities.
A Prayer to Pope St. John Paul II
O Blessed Trinity, we thank you for having graced the Church with Saint John Paul II and for allowing the tenderness of your fatherly care, the glory of the Cross of Christ and the splendor of the Spirit of love to shine through him. Trusting fully in your infinite mercy and in the maternal intercession of Mary, he has given us a living image of Jesus the Good Shepherd. He has shown us that holiness is the necessary measure of ordinary Christian life and is the way of achieving eternal communion with you. Grant us, by his intercession, and according to your will, the graces we implore, through Christ our Lord. Amen.