Faith is for EveryoneAt West Catholic, we welcome parents and community members to be part of the faith experience. Receive enrichment through our family speaker series, offer your time or talents to help plan faith-based events or support our entire community through prayer in our adoration chapel.
The Faith Boosters group supports the efforts of the Campus Minister by assisting in initiatives that encourage and strengthen faith formation among the student body at school, within their families and at their home parishes.
Below are some examples of past and current Faith Boosters activities/events:
- Promoting retreats (Kairos, Life Force, etc.)
- Planning the Family Speaker Series
- Planning activities for feast days of the saints
- Increasing awareness of the daily Eucharistic Adoration in school
- Promoting the Senior All-Night Prayer Vigil
- Preparing Saint John Paul II Feast Day events
- Planning activities to celebrate the seasons of our Liturgical Calendar (Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, etc.)
- Exploring new opportunities and ideas to engage students in their faith
We are never too old to learn or to grow our faith. Each year, West Catholic offers a Family Speaker Series to our entire community. Local and national presenters will speak on a variety of educational and faith-based topics.
Finding Jesus in the Struggle of Hectic Life
Holiness Revolution: Living as a Disciple in the World Today
Date: February 1, 2020
Time: 9-11 a.m.
Location: WCHS, Duba Lecture Hall
Admission: Free will offering
*For ages 13+*
Dan DeMatte is a Catholic Author, Founder and Executive Director of Damascus, a vibrant community of missionaries who are bringing revival to the Catholic Church in America through retreats and camps, and Co-host of the Podcast Beyond Damascus aired on EWTN.
While in college, Dan starred on A&E’s reality TV series, God or the Girl. He has witnessed to his Catholic faith on Larry King Live, The View, and the Today Show.
He holds a Masters Degree in Theology from the Pontifical College Josephinum. Dan lives in Columbus, Ohio with his wife Amber and their four children.