“We stand together in learning, Forever in faith.”Community and togetherness are at the core of life at West Catholic. The community section of our website highlights opportunities for the entire community to get involved at West Catholic.
West Catholic is looking to expand its substitute teacher list! If you have teaching experience, please consider applying to be added to our sub roster. The following are characteristics of an ideal candidate:
- Teaching experience
- Ability to provide backup teaching services when full-time teachers are unable to work
- Ability to execute lesson plans left by the absent teacher
- Ability to create and maintain a respectful and fair classroom culture that fosters safe and productive learning
- Virtus training is a plus!
Interested candidates should submit a resume along with a diocesan employment application (located here) to:
West Catholic High School
The West Catholic Facility Use Application is made for the use of facilities in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Catholic Secondary Schools of Greater Grand Rapids. By submitting this application, you agree to the following regulations:
- To submit to the established policies of priority use that may result in some cancellations
- To indemnify and pay the Catholic Secondary Schools for any damage to, loss or theft of school
property during the applicant’s use of the building
- To furnish bond covering liability and property damage, if required, to the Michigan Catholic Conference
- To enforce no smoking or selling of tobacco products on the West Catholic school grounds
- The projected use does not discriminate against any person or group
- The renting organization’s activities must be in line with the mission of the Catholic Church and West Catholic High School
Applications should be submitted to the school at least four (4) weeks prior to the event. By submitting this application, you are agreeing to a $100 non-refundable security deposit which will be charged upon confirmation of the requested date(s). Checks should be made payable to West Catholic High School – Rental.
Steps for Reserving West Catholic Facility
1. Complete application – Click to Apply
2. Read through the Terms and Conditions (need to agree on the application) – Terms and Conditions
3. Call Justina Ouellette to confirm the date(s) are available at (616) 233-5900
4. Pay the $100 non-refundable security deposit
Please direct any questions or cancellations to the Facilities Office at (616) 233-5993.
The Grand Rapids West Catholic High School name and logo are valuable brand assets and a form of intellectual property. The logo, shield, mascot, school name and school colors provide the organization with a consistent visual image and carry significant recognition value for West Catholic’s many external audiences. Consistent and correct use of the logo and other identity elements enhance the organization’s image.
This policy is specific to the use of the school name, logo, shield and mascot symbol. These identity assets should only be used on materials created or sanctioned by the school administration. Use of the logo by students or alumni on materials for their individual use or for use to represent groups of students or alumni (including student or alumni clubs and associations) is permitted only with prior approval. Permission is required for use of any form of the Grand Rapids West Catholic name, logo, shield or mascot. Permission requests must be approved by the school principal and/or athletic director.
Stationery: All academic, administrative and support units of the organization are required to use one of the approved letterhead styles on all stationery. Envelopes, notepads, business cards, mailing labels and other stationery items must also conform to these logo guidelines.
Print publications, collateral: The logo policy for use in publications is relatively simple and unrestrictive. The logo must appear on the front cover or the front panel of all organizational publications in an appropriate size and position relative to the typographic elements on the page. The organizational logos may not be altered in any way and must be used as the sole logos in all venues.
This policy applies to faculty, staff, students, parents, academic departments, athletics, athletic boosters, parent clubs and committees, ad hoc groups, administrative divisions/departments, alumni organizations, informal groups and student organizations. Suppliers and manufacturers of commercial and non-commercial products must comply with the logo/identity use policy.
A Logo Usage Request Form (link is external) must be completed and submitted to the Communications Director for approval. Upon approval, the logo being requested will be forwarded to the requester (if needed) and the requester may proceed with the project.
All promotional companies must use the school-approved art. Any work that is completed outside of the policy guidelines will be denied distribution (if a promotional company is used, product must be sent back to the promotional company for reissue or reimbursement).
NOTE: The Grand Rapids West Catholic Administration reserves the right to deny any project that is not congruent with the mission of the school and/or the Church or that fails to comply with any aspect of the logo/identity use policy guidelines.
To obtain vector art for printing or embroidery, please contact the West Catholic Communications Director:
West Catholic green color values for print and web
CMYK Ratio: C=88 M=34 Y=82 K=25
RGB: R=15 G=106 B=72