We greatly appreciate the sacrifices our families make to support faith-based education, and love every opportunity to highlight the great things West Catholic graduates are doing in our community and abroad.
Through West Catholic Alumni News and Westword Newsletters published periodically throughout the year, our website, and various social media outlets, we help to connect the friends, alumni and family of West Catholic High School living in our community.
Class of 1971
Saturday, June 11, 2022
West Leonard Banquet Facility
For more information, contact Michele at email@example.com.
Class of 1972
Saturday, September 17, 2022
West Catholic High School MAK
RSVPs were mailed during the first week of January. Please join the Facebook page (West Catholic High School 1972 Class Reunion) for updates. If you did not receive a postcard or have any other questions, please contact Patti Palmer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lois Tikkanen-Ray (email@example.com).
Class of 1987
Homecoming Weekend - Saturday, September 24, 2022, 7-11 p.m.
The Local Kitchen + Bar in Walker, MI
RSVP by Sept. 9 to firstname.lastname@example.org
No ticket/fee required (open house format, but kindly RSVP for headcount)
Class of 2001
Saturday, June 4, 2022, at 7 p.m.
New Holland Brewing (417 Bridge St. NW)
Additional information TBA; please check back for updates
Need help planning a class reunion? You’ll find a list of suggestions below to help you get started. Alumni Relations at West Catholic can also offer assistance in many ways.
1. Choose someone to plan the reunion (it does not have to be an officer) and form your committee for planning the event(s). Some classes have picnics, golf outings, casual mixers or formal dinners. Choose a style that you think will work best for your class.
2. Contact Alumni Relations for a spreadsheet of your class list and mailing labels. (Note: The addresses provided are constantly changing).
3. Choose a date and location for the reunion.
4. Build a Facebook fan page or group. Keep your classmates informed of reunion plans by posting updates on your Facebook page. Engage them by asking questions such as “Who was your favorite teacher?” or “What is your best WC memory?” Also, follow the official WC page with your class page to create more traffic!
5. Let us help you get the word out! We will post all of the important information on our website and publish it in an issue of the Westword, our alumni magazine.
6. Make an email distribution list using the addresses from the spreadsheet, adding any from your own address book or those accumulated from classmates. You may want to start a class email address so that there is one consistent contact address for coordinating your planning.
7. You may want to send a Save the Date mailing to test addresses as well as find out new contact information.
8. Finalize the details. Decide on a price that will include the food, postage, decorations, entertainment and a cushion amount for startup of your next reunion. Send out an invitation with the price and response information.
9. A representative from WC will come to your reunion to give your class a brief update on the “State the School.”
After the reunion, please send your updated classmate contact information to Megan Eversman at email@example.com so that the master alumni database can be updated. Please send email addresses and postal addresses if possible.
Many classes have money saved in a Catholic Secondary Schools Student Services account. Alumni Relations can tell you if your class has any money in an account. If your class does not have money available, we can loan you $100 to get started and would need to be paid back at the time of your reunion.
If you need addresses, email addresses or help with a Facebook page, give us a call – we can help! Contact Megan Eversman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 233-5969
What’s in the Archives?
The Archives houses many items related to the history of West Catholic High School.Items include:
- school newspapers
- Class Nite programs
- commencement programs
- clothing such as varsity sweaters, school uniforms, Class Nite costumes
- ephemera such as spirit buttons, footballs,varsity letters, pennants, and class rings
How We Can Help You
If you have an upcoming class reunion, contact us to discover what memorabilia from your high school years is available to display at your event. If you or a family member attended WC, we may have photos and other print information from your years at WC. We have an overstock of yearbooks from some years and are glad to gift them to you at a slight fee. Contact us to see if we have the year you’re interested in.
How You Can Help UsThe Archives is always looking to grow our collection by accepting donations from alumni like you. Anything and everything you have saved from your high school years is valuable to the Archives, including dance programs, souvenirs, uniforms, trophies, tee shirts, scrapbooks, report cards, yearbooks and photographs. With your help, we will continue to preserve the history of our school.