We greatly appreciate the sacrifices our families make to support faith-based education, and love every opportunity to highlight the great things West Catholic graduates are doing in our community and abroad.
Through West Catholic Alumni News and Westword Newsletters published periodically throughout the year, our website, and various social media outlets, we help to connect the friends, alumni and family of West Catholic High School living in our community.
Class of 2011
Saturday, October 2, 2021, 1-6 p.m.
Hilltop Pavillion at John Ball Park (1300 Fulton St W, Grand Rapids, MI 49504)
For more information or to purchase tickets, click HERE (link is external)
Contact Rebecca Veneklase with any questions at email@example.com
Class of 1991
Saturday, October 9, 2021
American Legion Post 179 (2327 Wilson Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49534)
Contact Meg Vande Gutche with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Class of 1981
Saturday, November 6, 2021
Mass at Sacred Heart, 5 p.m.
St. Ladislaus Aid Society (Laddie's Hall - 58 Lane St, Grand Rapids, MI 49504), 6 p.m.-12 a.m.
Cost: $5 per person
Contact Linda O'Rourke with any questions at email@example.com
Class of 1972
Saturday, September 24, 2022
West Catholic High School MAK
Additional information TBA; please check back for updates
Need help planning a class reunion? You’ll find a list of suggestions below to help you get started. Alumni Relations at West Catholic can also offer assistance in many ways.
1. Choose someone to plan the reunion (it does not have to be an officer) and form your committee for planning the event(s). Some classes have picnics, golf outings, casual mixers or formal dinners. Choose a style that you think will work best for your class.
2. Contact Alumni Relations for a spreadsheet of your class list and mailing labels. (Note: The addresses provided are constantly changing).
3. Choose a date and location for the reunion.
4. Build a Facebook fan page or group. Keep your classmates informed of reunion plans by posting updates on your Facebook page. Engage them by asking questions such as “Who was your favorite teacher?” or “What is your best WC memory?” Also, follow the official WC page with your class page to create more traffic!
5. Let us help you get the word out! We will post all of the important information on our website, help you set up additional forms of social media and send out invitations.
6. Make an email distribution list using the addresses from the spreadsheet, adding any from your own address book or those accumulated from classmates. You may want to start a class email address so that there is one consistent contact address for coordinating your planning.
7. You may want to send a Save the Date mailing to test addresses as well as find out new contact information.
8. Finalize the details. Decide on a price that will include the food, postage, decorations, entertainment and a cushion amount for startup of your next reunion. Send out an invitation with the price and response information.
9. A representative from WC will come to your reunion to give your class a brief update on the “State the School.”
After the reunion, please send your updated classmate contact information to Megan Eversman at firstname.lastname@example.org so that the master alumni database can be updated. Please send email addresses and postal addresses if possible.
Many classes have money saved in a Catholic Secondary Schools Student Services account. Alumni Relations can tell you if your class has any money in an account. If your class does not have money available, we can loan you $100 to get started and would need to be paid back at the time of your reunion.
If you need addresses, email addresses or help with a Facebook page, give us a call – we can help! Contact Megan Eversman at email@example.com or (616) 233-5969
What’s in the Archives?
The Archives houses many items related to the history of West Catholic High School.Items include:
- school newspapers
- Class Nite programs
- commencement programs
- clothing such as varsity sweaters, school uniforms, Class Nite costumes
- ephemera such as spirit buttons, footballs,varsity letters, pennants, and class rings
How We Can Help You
If you have an upcoming class reunion, contact us to discover what memorabilia from your high school years is available to display at your event. If you or a family member attended WC, we may have photos and other print information from your years at WC. We have an overstock of yearbooks from some years and are glad to gift them to you at a slight fee. Contact us to see if we have the year you’re interested in.
How You Can Help UsThe Archives is always looking to grow our collection by accepting donations from alumni like you. Anything and everything you have saved from your high school years is valuable to the Archives, including dance programs, souvenirs, uniforms, trophies, tee shirts, scrapbooks, report cards, yearbooks and photographs. With your help, we will continue to preserve the history of our school.