West Catholic and diocesan administrators are in close contact with our local (county), state and federal (CDC) public health organizations and we are following their recommendations carefully. We ask that you continue to monitor this page for the latest information.
- Wear a mask when outside to help protect yourself and others in your community.
- Maintain social distancing when around individuals who do not live in your household.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Use hand sanitizer as a supplement to hand washing.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Courses have been moved online until further notice. Teachers will use Google Meet and Canvas to deliver instruction during their designated class periods.
As courses move online, please be aware of the following student expectations:
- Students are required to join all meetings and have video turned on during the scheduled class periods.
- Students are required to complete all assigned material.
- Students will attend Focus periods when required by a teacher. If a student has not been assigned a Focus period, the student can sign up to attend or choose not to attend anything at that time.
- Students will attend Household meetings.
Other Academic Programs:
- All dual enrollment students must adhere to the plans and policies of the college/university to which they are enrolled.
- Kent Career Tech Center will be moving to remote learning starting Nov. 18, 2020, through Dec. 8, 2020. Please click HERE for more details.
Online Learning FAQs
We have posted a list of frequently asked questions of students and parents along with answers to those questions. We will continue to update this list as new questions arise.
Our main office will continue to be staffed each day between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. If you need to come to the school for any reason, please call Miss Ouellette at 233-5900 to make an appointment.
As a service to students and families, NACAC is providing this online tool as a central resource for information about changes in college admission events, deposit dates, and more as a result of the coronavirus outbreak.
Resources can be found on the Personal/Social Resources page on our website. School Counselors will continue to check email regularly. We are here for all of you!
- Coping with Coronavirus Anxiety (Harvard Medical School)
- 7 Science-Based Strategies to Cope with Coronavirus Anxiety (The Conversation)
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19 (CDC)
- Complete Mental Health Guide During COVID-19 Pandemic (Peak Resilience)
- Manage Anxiety and Stress (CDC)
- Coronavirus: 8 Ways to Look After Your Mental Health (MHE)
Until further notice, all school-related activities have been canceled. This includes practices, athletic competitions, scrimmages, contests, etc. Banquets are also postponed.
Similar to last year, we will continue to provide free meals to families who need them through the National Lunch Program. Please fill out this short survey (link is external) to help us understand if there is interest in receiving free meals during this new phase of online learning. If you have an immediate need, please contact the main office (616-233-5900).
Current decisions regarding programming changes are listed below. We will continue to update this information as final decisions regarding each event are made. Please check back regularly to stay up to date.
Until further notice, all school-related activities (meetings, field trips, etc.) have been canceled. This includes practices, athletic competitions, scrimmages, contests, etc. Banquets are also postponed. We ask that you visit and continue to monitor this page for the latest information regarding specific changes.
Spring Musical Info Session
Miss Ouellette plans to have a musical info session via Google Meet on Wednesday, Nov. 18 at 2 p.m. The meeting password is Ouellette. Please plan to attend if you are interested in participating this year.
Holiday Craft Show
As a reminder, the 2020 West Catholic Craft Show (previously scheduled for Dec. 5) has been postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions. We are planning to move the show to May 1, 2021, in hopes that restrictions ease by that time. If you have any questions, please contact Jeff Bailey at email@example.com or 616-233-5965.