Need help planning a class reunion? You’ll find a list of suggestions below to help you get started. Alumni Relations at West Catholic can also offer assistance in many ways.
1. Choose someone to plan the reunion (it does not have to be an officer) and form your committee for planning the event(s). Some classes have picnics, golf outings, casual mixers, or formal dinners. Choose a style that you think will work best for your class.
2. Contact Alumni Relations for a spreadsheet of your class list and mailing labels. (Note: The addresses provided are constantly changing).
3. Choose a date and location for the reunion.
4. Build a Facebook fan page or group. Keep your classmates informed of reunion plans by posting updates on your Facebook page. Engage them by asking questions such as “Who was your favorite teacher?” or “What is your best WC memory?” Also, friend the official WC page with your class page to create more traffic!
5. Let us help you get the word out! We will post all of the important information on our website and social media pages, help you set up additional forms of social media and send out invitations.
6. Make an email distribution list using the addresses from the spreadsheet, adding any from your own address book or those accumulated from classmates. You may want to start a class email address so that there is one consistent contact address for coordinating your planning.
7. You may want to send a Save the Date mailing to test addresses as well as find out new contact information.
8. Finalize the details. Decide on a price that will include the food, postage, decorations, entertainment, and a cushion amount for startup of your next reunion. Send out an invitation with the price and response information.
9. A representative from WC will come to your reunion to give your class a brief update on the “State the School.”
After the reunion, please send your updated classmate contact information to Tony Fischer at email@example.com so that the master alumni database can be updated. Please send email addresses and postal addresses if possible.
Many classes have money saved in a Catholic Secondary Schools Student Services account. Alumni Relations can tell you if your class has any money in an account. If your class does not have money available, we can loan you $100 to get started and would need to be paid back at the time of your reunion.
If you need addresses, email addresses or help with a Facebook page, give us a call – we can help! Contact Tony Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 233-5901